TheTwelve Steps of Dependants Anonymous*
*based on the original twelve steps developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. DA (Dependants Anonymous also known as Addicts Anonymous) is a similar program but accepts as group members any person who is dependant or trapped in any kind of addictive cycle involving any substance or process. (See Addictive cycles and Typical Addictive Substances and Activities) This kind of group might be formed in smaller communities where there are insufficient numbers for more specific groups such as AA, NA, GA, OA, CODA etc.
1. Admitted we were powerless over other people, and powerless over those substances and dysfunctional activities that controlled our lives. Admitted that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to soberness and sanity.3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of our Higher Power as we understood that Higher Power.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to our Higher Power, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our wrongs, our shortcomings and our addictions.
6. Were entirely ready to have our Higher Power remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked our Higher Power to remove our shortcomings and addictions.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with our Higher Power as we understood it, praying only for knowledge of our Higher Powers will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other dependants. and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
RETURN TO GROWING AWARENESS HOME PAGE
THIS PAGE IS NOT COPYRIGHT AND MAY BE REPRODUCED IN ANY FORM
OR DISTRIBUTED ON THE WEB, WITHOUT ANY CONDITIONS OR PAYMENT